Hi! I’m Jessie. Mama, girl boss, part-time English professor.
If you’re up early enough, most days you can find me at Starbucks working for a couple of hours before my husband heads out the door. During naptime, I’m most likely in my garage, starting or finishing about six projects at once.
I love serving people by making/painting beautiful things for the home, by rescuing great pieces from being tossed in the trash, and by working to build community with other creative entrepreneurs.
I am super passionate about Gilmore Girls, cooking, Jesus, building things, decorating, reading, Patriots football, old houses, and walks in the woods (not in that particular order–that’s just how they came out).
Farmhouse style (even though I don’t–and probably never will–have a white slipcover sofa), primitives, antiques, and unique home décor are my things, and I love creating pieces that make people say “that will be perfect for my [insert room here]!” Seriously, I love every piece that I create, and I want to keep them all, so when folks get excited about putting my pieces in their own homes, there’s nothing better.
When I’m not busy working on my Etsy shop or my furniture business (Wild + Daisy Vintage Home), I’m usually out and about with Charlotte or Dan. We love downtown Rochester near where we live; our current favorite spots are the Rochester Hills Public Library, Dessert Oasis Coffee Roasters, Goldfish Swim School, and the Rochester Farmer’s Market on Saturday mornings (when I’m not doing a show, that is). We also spend a lot of our free weekends in Bellaire, MI, where Dan’s family has a house on the Shanty Creek resort property. I love hanging around Bellaire, too. Small towns are where it’s at!
If you’re dying to know more, here are five quick things about me that you might not know (again, in no particular order):
- I love pick up trucks! I drove one in college and now I’m just waiting for the day Dan’s car dies so that we can get another one.
- Dan and I are coordinators for Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University at our church, Faith Lutheran Troy. We really love Dave’s personal finance program and believe that it is the best way to figure out how to get that area of life under control.
- I’m constantly trying to stop eating sugar and to find a consistent work out plan to commit to.
- I struggled with postpartum depression for about two years after Charlotte was born (she’s now three).
- I love shopping, but I don’t really go that often. It’s addicting for me! When I go to the mall (or browse online), I just want to buy all the things. Shoes are the worst, but I’m also prone to buying jeans, amusing T-shirts, and, of course, basically anything that I see in Charlotte’s size. I should have had a boy in anticipation of this struggle, but of course, all that was up to Dan.
Still here? Let’s be friends! You can follow my journey on Instagram @wildanddaisy, and use the #metrodetroitmaker to help build the community of great creative entrepreneurs in metro Detroit!
I’d love to hear from any of my readers, but if you are a girl boss I’d especially love to hear from (and work with) you! If you’re interested in reviewing a show, sharing a DIY project, or introducing yourself to the #metrodetroitmaker community, let’s talk! Email me at email@example.com. Talk to you soon!